You are busy. You have only so much time in a given day to get everything done. How in the world do you have time to build an email list? It is quite commonly thought of as one of the most important tools of online marketing for businesses, but building an email list doesn’t seem to be an easy process. After all, what are you supposed to do to get people to sign up to interact with you again through email? The goal is to make the entire process automated so that you don’t have to do anything about it at all.
When to Get Emails from Customers
The biggest question most small businesses have is how can they attract people to an email marketing list. Here are some tips to help you to do that.
• Set up a program or software tool that allows you to capture the email address of customers as they buy from you or otherwise interact with you online. Again, you want this to be automated so that you don’t have to do so.
• When a customer visits your website, prompt them to provide you with an email address to receive updates and discounts. You do not have to do anything more than place a link on your page for this, but you can also use pop ups to help you to get your customers’ attention.
• If and when a customer signs up on your site for anything or makes a purchase, ask permission to send them updated offers and special promotional emails. Doing this allows you to bring those people who have already purchased from you back to your website.
• Include the same type of emails and links to your email list on your social media accounts. Every now and then, ask your readers to sign up for the email list to get special information.
• And, for your local customers, include links on your receipts or encourage customers to add their email address to your computer system.
You may be surprised by just how frequently customers are willing to provide you with this information. Though you do have to ask for permission to send an email to a customer, you can do this rather easily through an automated system. And, once you have those customers on that list, you can begin to bring them back to your website again.
We can help you develop a strategy for boosting your search engine rankings and increasing your website potential with customer reviews. As a top NYC marketing firm we have the experience and expertise you need, just get in touch today by calling us at 212-686-0806.